The PlushBed mattress comes in 9 sizes and allows you to choose the softness to your liking. In addition to that, you have 100 days to return the mattress if you do not like it or switch to the other type of softness.
The technology that they use to manufacture these mattresses includes the usage of the organic-only materials. Botanical-bliss technology provides comfort all around the surface of your sleep. These are great latex mattresses with top-notch quality.
- Product quality
- Value for money
- Product variations
- Temperature control
- Edge Support
- Motion Transfer
User Review( votes)
- Eco-friendly, only organic materials used in the mattress
- The support of the mattress is ensured by three complex layers to improve your sleep
- You have 100 nights to return this mattress
- You can select out of 4 types of softness depending on your needs; it makes these mattresses highly customizable to your liking
- Good durability
- This mattress has a Green-Guard certification
- Botanical-bliss technology is not the best among competitors
- Not your best bet if you’re looking for a deep pressure relief
- You can pay extra due to the eco-friendliness of the manufacturing process; you can find a cheaper option if it’s not your principle
If you’re in the market for a latex mattress that’s made of high-quality materials and that offers a great deal of comfort, you’ve probably come across a number of PlushBeds products. Are these mattresses worth it? Do they provide enough comfort? And how durable are they? In this article, we’re going to answer all of these questions and give you our honest review of Plushbeds’ most popular product, the PlushBeds Botanical Bliss mattress.
PlushBeds mattresses are available in a wide range of sizes that range from Twin, all the way to Split Cal King. Not only that, they’re also offered in different height and firmness options, making ideal for every sleeper. Additionally, PlushBeds offers a 100-night trial period on their mattresses and you can also return a PlushBeds mattress after a break-in period that spans 30 days.
Materials & quality
Like we’ve already stated, the PlushBeds Botanical Bliss is an eco-friendly mattress that’s made only of organic materials. The mattress is comprised of three different layers. Each layer plays a huge role when it comes to providing you with ideal comfort, coolness, and support.
- Layer Number One – The first layer is an organic cotton cover. This layer provides great airflow and moisture absorption. As a result, the temperature of your body is kept neutral throughout the night. If you’re someone who suffers from hot and sweaty nights of sleep, the Botanical Bliss mattress will help grant you a cool and comfortable sleep experience.
- Layer Number Two – The second of the Botanical Bliss is made of organic New Zealand Wool, 10 pounds of it to be exact. This layer also contributes to the ability of the mattress to keep your body temperature as cool as possible during your sleeping sessions. This is a layer that boosts the mattresses’ effectiveness throughout hot summer nights.
- Layer Number Three – The third and final layer of this mattress is arguably its most vital component, and that’s the organic latex layer. Obtained from the Hevea brasiliensis tree, this layer of all-natural latex provides the softness, support, and pressure relief essential for a heavenly sleep experience. It’s also hypoallergenic and free of harsh chemicals.
Firmness & Softness
Based on the level of firmness that you select, your sleeping experience will differ. As far as the Botanical Bliss, PlushBeds offers four different firmness levels that we’re going to rate from one to ten. Keep in mind that this is a matter of personal preference, so you’re going to need to try it out for yourself and figure out which one of these four levels grant you the ideal experience.
- Soft (19-21 ILD) – The soft version of the Botanical Bliss mattress features a layer of soft Talalay latex, which is completely free of synthetic products. This version is perfect for an avid back or side sleeper. It’s also perfect for people who suffer from joint or back pain. It allows the sleeper to sink into the mattress like it’s butter. Firmness-wise, four out of ten.
- Medium ( 24-26 ILD) – In terms of sales, the medium version of the Botanical Bliss is the most popular out of all four versions. On our firmness scale, we’d give this version a five out of ten. It offers sleepers a soft feeling without allowing them to sink too much into the mattress. It’s an ideal choice for all types of sleepers, especially side sleepers.
- Medium Firm (29-31 ILD) – While still utilizing Talalay latex, the Medium-Firm version of the Botanical Bliss mattress uses a much firmer type of Talalay latex. We give it a seven out of ten on our firmness scale. The Medium-Firm version is ideal for stomach and back sleepers alike. In addition, it’s great for larger people who weigh a lot.
- Extra Firm (34-36 ILD) – This is the firmest version of the Botanical Bliss mattress and is the best version for people who prefer great support. Keep in mind that this version won’t be as good at molding around your body as the previous versions. A nine out of ten is an adequate indication of how firm this version is. Over-firmness is surely an acquired taste.
The abbreviation ILD stands for Indentation Load Deflection, which is a measurement unit that’s used to measure the density of materials used in mattresses, with density being used to indicate the mass per unit volume. ILD is the normal firmness measurement unit for Talalay latex. Talalay latex usually has a firmness level that falls somewhere between 12 and 50 ILD.
Now, not everyone knows which firmness level suits them the most, which is why you should be reminded that PlushBeds offers a trial period that spans 100 nights, which means that you can buy one of their mattresses and try it out for a few days. If the mattress is overly firm or soft, you can simply exchange it for a different model without paying any additional charges.
The thing that sets PlushBeds mattresses apart from their competition is that they’re comprised of all-natural materials and still managing to deliver remarkable durability and an extremely cozy sleeping experience. This may not sound like a big deal to you, but you need to understand that creating an all-natural mattress at this level of efficiency is extremely challenging.
Moreover, the PlushBeds Botanical Bliss mattress is one of the countable mattresses that have successfully met the over-the-top standards set by GreenGuard Certification, ensuring that the mattress is completely free of dangerous or volatile organic materials. Interested to know more about the GreenGuard Certification Program? Click here to learn more.
Benefits of Natural Materials:
Aside from being an environmentally-friendly bed mattress, the use of all-natural materials offers users a wide range of benefits that other bed mattresses built with synthetic materials can’t offer you. The very first benefit that this all-natural mattress offers is the total lack of unpleasant smell and off-gassing, which is a result of not using any chemicals with volatile emissions.
Try to remember the last time you bought a new mattress, do you remember having to wait a bit until the mattress stabilizes and stops off-gassing? Well, the Botanical Bliss mattress spares will spare you this hassle completely, as it’s ready for sleep the moment you take it out of its box. If you’re someone who’s smell-sensitive, you’ll highly appreciate this feature.
If you’re someone who is allergic, you should definitely invest in a Botanical Bliss mattress as it utilizes organic latex which is known to be mold and mildew proof, as well as antimicrobial. Also, the Botanical Bliss is resistant to dust mites, which are minuscule creatures associated with dust and that impact the quality of sleep negatively with their unrelenting bites.
The use of natural materials also grants the mattress great sweat absorption and fire resistance. And in addition to the fact that you don’t get to cope with unpleasant smells, the lack of chemical components eliminates the presence of toxins such as chloroform and cyanide, which can result in a bunch of health hazards and can often be found in a lot of conventional mattresses.
Sinkage & motion transfer
The sinkage of your Botanical Bliss mattress will vary depending on the level of firmness you’ve selected. Let’s take the medium-firm version of the mattress, for example. It displays one inch of sinkage while lying on it in a standard position. Being the middle-of-the-road version, expect the softer versions to offer more sinkage and the extra-firm version to display less sinkage.
The great thing about having a natural latex construction is it offers very little motion transfer. As a result, if motion is created on a certain portion of the mattress, it’ll remain in that very area and won’t transfer the motion across the entire mattress. This is beneficial for couples as it allows for peaceful sleep even when one half of the couple moves around a lot.
While we do consider the rate of motion transfer in the Botanical Bliss almost non-existent, there are people who seek complete stability. If you’re one of those people, you can opt for a split size mattress instead so that the motion on your end remains there and the motion on your partner’s end remains at their end as well, preventing you both from disturbing each other’s sleep.
One of the things that set the PlushBeds Botanical Bliss mattress from the rest of its competition is the fact that performs almost unbelievably in the temperature control department, which is the reason why it’s one of the most popular mattresses on the market, as this ability allows it to offer a comfortable sleeping experience without getting too hot or too cold.
There are a bunch of different technologies utilized in the Botanical Bliss that grant it this superb ability. We’ve already covered how the first layer that’s comprised of the soft cotton cover is very breathable that it offers unrestricted airflow, which helps distribute the heat away from your body at night. Also, Joma wool helps function as a moisture-wicking layer to keep your skin dry
Underneath all of that lies a layer of Talalay latex. The thing about this type of latex is that it has an open-cell structure, which means that the heat generated by your body at the top is going to be sucked into that layer, leaving you with cool air circulating in and out of the mattress to keep your body at a neutral temperature. The Botanical Bliss is simply one of a kind.
As many of you know, the majority of bed-in-a-box mattresses suffer significantly when it comes to providing adequate support on the sides. The Botanical Bliss mattress breaks out of that mold and offers comfort and support all across its surface. We’re not saying that it’s perfect because it really isn’t, but it’s way better than the majority of other bed-in-a-box products.
You’ll notice a slight difference in firmness at the edges of the mattress compared to that dead in the center. However, from the user reports that we’ve analyzed, the majority of users seem to be satisfied, nevertheless. Most reports indicate that while the edges aren’t as firm as the center of the mattress, you’re not going to feel like you’re falling out of the bed while sleeping on them.
Sizes & prices
The price of a Botanical Bliss mattress varies depending on the size and height of the mattress. Here’s a complete list of all the prices with respect to the available sizes and heights. Note that the following prices are obtained from the manufacturer’s official website and not a third party.
|Mattress Size||9-Inch Model||10-Inch Model||12-Inch Model|
|Split Cal King||$2,098||$2,398||$2,898|
Shipping & support
The Botanical Support mattress is delivered to your doorstep straight from the factory. Typically, the mattress will arrive rolled and secured in plastic packaging. But keep in mind that both King and Cal King sizes tend to arrive in separate boxes as a result of weight restrictions. Even after the purchase, you can customize your mattress, thanks to its layered constructions.
The manufacturer recommends laying the mattress on flat, stable surfaces that have two inches or less between each one of the slats. The mattress is suitable for adjustable frames as it enjoys great elasticity. With the ability to choose split sizes, you can adjust each side of the mattress to your liking as far as firmness for a comfortable couple sleeping experience.
PlushBeds offers a remarkable 25-year warranty that simply cannot be beaten. Even the best in the business don’t offer such a lengthy period of support. This warranty covers the replacement or repair of defective products during the first ten years without any charges. Thereafter, failures will result in a prorated cost of repair or replacement. Are you sold yet?
PlushBeds didn’t settle for just an unchallenged warranty, they’ve taken it further by providing an awesome return policy stating that the buyer is allowed a 100 nights to test out the mattress and then decide whether it’s suitable or not. In the event of a damaged or defective product, you can return the product and receive a full refund.
The great thing about this policy is that if you buy a mattress and it turns out that the firmness is too soft or too firm for you, the company offers you the ability to do a comfort exchange. Instead of having to send the product back and wait for the manufacturer to send you a new product, the company will send you a new layer that suits your firmness needs in exchange with the existing one.
Where to buy?
The smartest choice to make as far as where to buy the Botanical Bliss or any other PlushBeds product is to buy it from the company’s official website. This will ensure that you enjoy the latest discounts that the company has to offer, as well as claim the remarkable 25-year warranty.
Who exactly is this mattress for? Well, if you’re someone who wants a product that uses natural materials that are safe for your an the environment, the Botanical Bliss is for you. If you want an all-around effective product with unrivaled support and warranty, the Botanical Bliss is for you. If you want to be able to control the level of firmness on your bed, the Botanical Bliss is for you.
However, there are a few gripes that you need to be aware of. The first one is that while it offers great support at the edges, the Botanical Bliss isn’t the best in this category. In addition, when it comes to body contouring, this isn’t the best pick for those who seek deep pressure relief. All in all, the Botanical Bliss from PlushBeds remains one of the giants in the mattresses department, and it’s quite easy to see why.