The puffy mattresses can be considered an excellent pick for both affordable and luxurious buyers. While their original mattress provides all the regular features to compete with the market opponents, their luxurious model will surprise you with the premium features like an extra-plush layer and high-quality cover for extra protection.
Value for money
User Review( votes)
- Temperature regulation keeps up with the market highest standards
- Doesn’t lose its shape too soon
- Relieves the pressure, no stiff neck, and crepe
- High-end option with the extra-cover and extra-plush layer on the top
- The right size to price ratio, reasonable pricing for the regular Puffy mattress models
- Their Lux model can benefit the ‘stomach sleepers’ by providing an extra-soft feel
The luxurious option is a bit expensive even for the luxury niche
Some people may find Puffy mattresses too soft for their body weight
We’re supposed to sleep for 6 to 8 hours every day to maintain our emotional, mental, and physical well-being. However, finding the right mattress that provides you with the recommended hours of sound sleep is a bit challenging. You might end up tossing and turning all night without finding the right spot that allows you to rest at the end of a long day.
In this article, we’ll review the Puffy Mattress and see if it’s up to the hype. Is it what you’ve been looking for to rest and recharge at night? Is it taking memory foam mattresses to a whole new level? Keep on reading to find out.
The Puffy Mattress Review: How to Order
Puffy is one of the most popular mattress brands. It promises to deliver comfort in a box so buyers can sleep soundly at the end of the day.
Buyers will receive a compressed memory foam mattress in a box that can be delivered right to your doorstep. The delivery arrives within 2 to 5 business after placing an order. The mattress is sold exclusively on the company’s website.
Once the mattress is delivered, you can unroll it into the bed’s frame and let it inflate for 24 up to 72 hours. This will allow the mattress to decompress and reach its full size before use.
You’ll have 101 nights to try the mattress, that’s up to 3 months of everyday use. The company will come and pick the mattress up if you aren’t satisfied with its quality. After that, it’s usually donated for charity.
If you decide to keep the mattress, you’ll be enjoying a lifetime warranty. Most mattress companies offer a 10-year warranty, but Puffy stands solidly behind its products and offers one of the best warranty policies in the bed-in-a-box market.
Puffy Mattress has been chosen as the most comfortable mattress in 2019 because users report that they wake up feeling refreshed and relaxed after spending the night. It offers the right balance between plush and support that will help you relax your body at the end of the day so you can wake up full of energy to embark on a new journey.
What Are the Features of Puffy Mattress?
Puffy offers 2 types of memory foam mattresses; Puffy Mattress and Puffy Lux Mattress. Each one of them has different features and understanding them will help you pick the right one.
Both mattresses are available in 6 different sizes so you can always find the right one for you. The original prices on the website don’t represent the actual price you’ll pay because the company is always offering discounts that will allow you to buy your favorite mattress at a more suitable price.
The Original Puffy Mattress
This is an affordable product that will provide you with a good night’s sleep while supporting your body. The mattress is 10 inches thick and features 3 layers.
The first layer is made of 6 inches of firm support foam, followed by 2 inches of the Climate Comfort Foam. At the top of the Puffy, there are 2 inches of the cooling cloud foam that regulates the temperature of the mattress. Here are some of the features of the mattress.
Medium to Firm Comfort Level
The Puffy is suitable for people who prefer to sleep on a supportive mattress. It won’t strain your body because it’s not too firm and at the same time it won’t sink in. It provides a controllable level of plush that helps you relax at the end of the day.
Adapts to All Sleeping Types
Whether you’re a back sleeper, side sleeper or prefer to sleep on your stomach, the Puffy will help you sleep comfortably. A mattress that is too firm can actually cause a lot of health issues because the mattress should support your head, shoulders, and spine without being too hard.
However, Puffy isn’t as firm as a coil mattress because it’s made of memory foam so it can suit every sleeping position. It doesn’t sag so it provides better weight distribution if you’re sleeping on your back.
The Puffy has a medium to firm firmness level of 6 to 8 so it would still suit someone who sleeps on the side or their stomach. However, if this is your preferred sleeping position, then you might be better off choosing the Lux option.
Thanks to the Cooling Cloud technology, this mattress won’t get too hot. Some people feel extremely uncomfortable when they’re sleeping. The increase in temperature can actually make them wake up because they’re unable to sleep on a hot bed.
The Puffy stays cool throughout the night. You won’t have to turn in the bed to find a cool spot that keeps you comfortable.
Climate Adaptive Materials
Puffy combines the latest technologies to guarantee maximum comfort. The climate regulating materials adjust the temperature of the sleeping surface so it doesn’t feel too hot or too cold. The mattress will adjust its temperature throughout the night so you can sleep comfortably regardless of the weather condition.
Comfort Pressure Relief
With added support and firmness, this mattress provides comfort pressure relief. The mattress reduces the pressure on the points in your neck and shoulders that are likely to hurt if you’re sleeping on the wrong mattress.
Balanced Support and Contouring
The Puffy features a mix of support and contouring that distributes your weight evenly. You won’t feel that you’re sinking into the mattress or sleeping on a firm uncomfortable surface, especially if you’re a heavier person. Moreover, the delivered support doesn’t change throughout the years as you use the mattress every single night.
The Puffy Lux Mattress
The Puffy Lux offers luxurious comfort for users who look for extra comfort and plush. The mattress is more expensive than the Puffy Mattress but delivers unmatched comfort and support for people who can’t find the right mattress that make them comfortable throughout the night.
Medium to Plush Comfort Level
If you’re looking for the ultimate relaxation, you should pick the Puffy Lux. Using the latest technologies, this mattress delivers the softest and lightest feel that suits people who value the extra plush.
If you suffer from any pain or discomfort, this is the right mattress for you. It cushions your bones and the pressure points on your body so you can sleep comfortably at the end of the day.
Heavier people would still find this mattress comfortable as they won’t sink in. They’ll be able to sleep and get out of bed comfortably.
Adapts to Different Sleeping Types
The extra plush makes this mattress one of the most comfortable mattresses on the market. If you like sleeping on the back, this mattress will hold your body comfortably so you won’t feel any pain.
People who like sleeping on their sides and their stomachs usually don’t find the right mattress that can support their weight. This luxurious and soft mattress is specifically designed to cater to the needs of all sleepers regardless of their sleeping position.
Combined sleepers will find this mattress extremely comfortable as it provides the same level of plush however you choose to sleep. Every time you turn, you’ll find that the layers of the mattress will support your body and keep it comfortable so you won’t feel any discomfort.
The Puffy Lux doesn’t get too hot if you sleep all night long. Lots of people get extremely irritated when their mattress gets hot. However, this mattress will maintain its temperature and adjust it as the temperature increases and decreases in the room.
Climate Adaptive Materials
Whether it’s summer or winter, this mattress features an advanced technology to regulate its temperature. It feels warm in winter and cool in the summer so it’s extremely comfortable to use.
You won’t wake up sweating in the middle of a summer night because the mattress stays cool. As the temperature drops, the mattress will retain the warm temperature of your body to keep you warm as you turn.
Targeted Full-Body Pressure Relief
This is an exclusive feature of the Puffy Lux and it suits people who suffer from neck, shoulder or hip pain. The targeted full- body pressure relief technology relieves pressure off all the pressure points in your body.
This is an extremely useful feature for heavier people who usually feel uncomfortable when they sleep all night long. After sleeping on this mattress, you won’t experience any discomfort or pain.
High-Density Transition Comfort Layer
The Puffy Lux features an extra 2-inch layer that provides more plush and support. This high-density transition comfort layer doesn’t sink as you turn regardless of your weight. It keeps your body comfortable throughout the night.
Supports Spinal Alignment
Sleeping on the wrong mattress can cause a lot of pain and discomfort, especially if you suffer from spine problems. The special spinal alignment technology guarantees that your spine will stay in the most comfortable position so you won’t feel any pain or strain.
Most mattresses don’t support your spine or shoulders so you end waking up with a stiff neck or painful back. The Puffy Lux is designed to cater to the natural contours of your spine regardless of your sleeping position.
This high-quality mattress comes with a special luxury cover. It maintains the condition of the mattress so it will always remain clean.
This breathable stretchy cover keeps the mattress cool and clean so you can always feel the luxurious feel of its layers. It’s also stain-resistant and you can easily toss it in the washing machine for seasonal cleaning when needed.
Will My Weight Affect the Mattress Feels?
The Puffy Mattress is designed to provide more comfort and support to all body weights. However, if you’re a heavier person, you’ll always feel that the mattress is a bit softer. Your body is likely to press through the different layers of the mattress so it won’t feel as firm.
If you’re a heavy person and weigh more than 250 pounds, you might feel more comfortable sleeping on the Puffy Mattress. It won’t feel too firm as the weight of your body will press on it.
Petite and lightweight people are better off choosing a mattress that feels softer across the firmness spectrum; in this case the Puffy Lux. A rather firm mattress might feel too firm for them so it will be a little uncomfortable to use.
Motion Isolation on the Puffy Mattress
Whether you opt for the Puffy or the Puffy Lux, you know that this is a mattress that can be used by two people at the same time without any disturbance. The mattress isolates motion properly so one person won’t wake up because the other one is turning or trying to wake up.
Thanks to the polyfoam core, the mattress will stay stable where you’re sleeping so you won’t feel any movement on the bed. At the same time, you won’t experience the same noise that you’re likely to hear with other mattresses for the most peaceful night.
Exploring the Pros and Cons
Although the Puffy and Puffy Lux are two different products, they share some of the basic features, so it’s easy to evaluate the brand compared to other products on the market. Here’s a summary of their features.
What We Like About the Puffy Mattress
- A compact and portable mattress that is delivered for free to your doorstep. It can be easily unrolled to reveal its full potential and provide you with an excellent and comfortable sleeping experience.
- Suitable for all types of sleepers. Whether you like to sleep on your back, side, or stomach, you’ll be able to sleep for the whole night knowing that the mattress won’t strain your body. The Puffy Lux is softer and more plush so it suits side and stomach sleepers better.
- Temperature regulation technology and climate control keep the mattress comfortable and practical to use. The mattress will feel cool in hot weather so you can sleep comfortably even when the temperature rises. When the temperature drops, the mattress will be warm and comfortable so you can sleep with no issues.
- The Puffy Lux comes with an extra layer of supportive memory foam so it’s more suitable for people who suffer from back or shoulder pain. It’s the perfect choice for stomach and side sleepers who need to sleep on a soft and plush surface.
- The Puffy Lux features the spine alignment technology to relieve pressure. You won’t wake up with a stiff neck or shoulders.
- Motion isolation is guaranteed, especially if a heavy person is sharing the same bed with you.
- The mattress is quiet and causes no disturbance. It’s the best choice for a long night of uninterrupted sleep.
- The Puffy Lux comes with a stain-resistant cover that keeps the mattress clean. You can easily unzip it and toss it in the washing machine to get rid of the bacteria and germs at the end of the season.
- Free trial for 101 nights.
- Full refund is provided if you’re not satisfied with the quality of the mattress.
- The company will pick up a mattress that you don’t want and donate it to charity.
- Lifetime warranty.
What We Don’t Like About the Puffy Mattress
- There’s only one level of plush available for the Puffy and Puffy Lux. This limits your options as you’re shopping for the right mattress for your home.
- Heavier people might find the mattress softer than it really is. This is especially true for the Puffy Lux.
- The Puffy Lux is rather expensive.
Who is the Puffy Mattress For?
Thanks to its high-quality construction, the Puffy Mattress is the perfect choice for these people.
- People who like to sleep on their backs and need extra support.
- People who need to buy an affordable memory foam mattress.
- People who sleep with a partner and are worried about motion disturbance.
- People who weigh less than 230 pounds so they can benefit from the firmness of the mattress.
- Heavier people who find other mattresses too soft.
Who is the Puffy Lux for?
The Puffy Lux is the luxurious version. It’s the perfect choice for these people.
- People who need to sleep on a softer mattress.
- Side, stomach, and combination sleepers who toss and turn all the time.
- People who want their mattress to stay clean and cool.
- Heavyweight people who weigh more than 230 pounds and suffer from pain or wake up with stiff necks.
- People who suffer from spine problems or back pain.
Puffy mattresses are well-made and designed to provide you with a comfortable and healthy spot to spend your night. Unlike other brands, the mattress won’t lose its shape as you use it every day.
Puffy offers two models that are available in 6 different sizes, so you can easily find the right mattress for your home. Each mattress is backed by the company’s 101 free trial period and a lifetime warranty.
If you’ve been looking for a well-constructed mattress that won’t let you down, then it’s time to check the Puffy Mattress out. The mattress might be more expensive than other brands on the market, but it’s definitely worth every penny.